1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Friday, April 21, 2017

[6.00/10] The Void (2017)

The Void (2017)

Quick Review: A hell-ish mixture of occult mystery, and creature feature that pays homage to the 80s era of blood splatter with all its "The Thing" -like imagery, and in-your-face gore, "The Void" is a difficult-to-get genre hybrid that won't be everyone's cup of tea for sure, but those eager to see something rather old-school yet still enigmatically ambiguous will be intrigued by this shocker, whose real gruesome death scenes and superb practical effects are good enough to make it often successful.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like old school so I think I'll enjoy it.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Old school is good school they say :)
You might like this one, though some of its elements are pretty bizarre, keep that in mind.

Kaijinu said...

Does it make me bizarre that I actually "get" a lot of things going on here? Anyways, I think this is the next best Lovecraftian horror for me, somewhere up there with In The Mouth of Madness, The Thing and Re-Animator!

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

No, it doesn't. :)
I wanted to like it more, but it just felt half-baked.