1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sunday, March 26, 2017

[7.75/10] Life (2017)

Life (2017)

Quick Review: Stealing ideas from the genre classic "Alien", yet having enough originality to stand out on its own, this is a refined and technically well-crafted sci-fi horror, whose neat pacing, and excellent cast will make you forgive the cliches. Jam-packed with thrills, chills, scares, and blood, complemented by Espinosa's tense direction, and featuring a real smart, adaptive, slithery alien creature that gets nastier as it evolves, "Life" is a frightful trip to space that will shake you up till its killer finale.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sadly, there were too many plot holes for me. I found it not very tense and rather lifeless. Shame the only character with real personality dies first.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I don't know about you, but I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. If this is not tense, I don't know what it is.
Lifeless it definitely wasn't, and this character had to die first, because he was too in-your-face, and he was ruining the balance.