1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Sunday, June 26, 2016

[5.00/10] Independence Day: Resurgence [3D] (2016)

Independence Day: Resurgence [3D] (2016)

Quick Review: Much like the 'guilty pleasure' original, this sequel wants to be 'all about the spectacle', and make us all care less about its trivial 'saving the world from deadly alien invasion' plot, but while the first one achieved that in a 'mindless fun' way this CGI-driven sequel fails to, being inept, flawed, overstuffed with hollow characters, and full of cheesy lines and overdone action scenes. It does one thing right, which is to thrill with its 'wow' special effects.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't forget that absolutely none of the science was right. Yeah, I was disappointed, even after leaving my brain at the door. My review will be up tomorrow.

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

I thinks that the words flawed and inept I used kind of hint that. :)
Can't wait for your review!